Latest Dubsado Releases and Bug Fixes
Shared by Becca
• October 14, 2022
Originally posted: August 27th, 2021
We have assembled a new development team at Dubsado and they are focusing the next little bit on some "quick wins" as we like to call them. Quick wins are updates that our users have requested that are smaller time wise on the development side, but have a huge impact to you, our users! We are excited to share some quick wins we have ready for you all today.
1. Hyperlinked fields - Within a client or project view the fields that have a URL detected will now automatically become clickable.
2. Clickable invoices card on the dashboard - On the dashboard you can now click the open invoices section and be taken to the list view invoices page showing your list of open invoices.
3. Lead capture PDF download - With this update, we added the ability to download a PDF version of your completed lead capture forms.
4. New smart field for invoices, "invoice item name + description" - This new smart field will only show the invoice's item name and the description of it when you use that smart field. You can reference all smart fields for the invoice and how they look here.
In addition to those quick wins, working on our new form builder and updated schedule, we also did loooots of other things in the past month:
- The list of canned emails in the modal for adding a reminder to a payment plan will now be sorted alphabetically. 🔤
- The activity log will now track when projects are archived or un-archived, and whether it's done manually or via a workflow. 😎
- Email improvements! ⚡ For Gmail and SMTP users, we made a couple updates that will help bring in emails more consistently and reliably. More updates are planned for the future. ⏩
- Any Stripe invoice in your billing history will now have a link to the invoice on Stripe. You'll then be able to download a PDF of the invoice and a PDF of the receipt for your Dubsado subscription. Nice to have it all in one place.
- Now when a client reschedules an appointment and clicks the "Add to Calendar" button, the same link to the conferencing call will be added to the new date on their calendar. Some conferencing platforms may not update on their end, but future updates will address this.
- If you only have one brand, you'll now skip the "Brand Select" page when you log in. Any time saved is a good thing. 🏃💨
- When hovering over your notifications list in the corner, it's now more obvious that "Mark all as read" is clickable. 🤓
- Added a new smart field! 💪 "Address - Compact" is now available in the "Client" section of your smart field menus. This field will place all the components of a an address on one line, rather than breaking it down in a mailing format.
- Fixed an issue where line item information in the "Invoice Item Names & Amounts" smart field was appearing under the wrong column when certain items had a discount applied. Now everything's where it should be. ☺️
- Fixed a rare issue that allowed clients to book more appointments than the "Max Booking" setting had allowed.
- Fixed the remaining issues that caused the number displayed in your "overdue invoices" count on the dashboard to be different from your actual number of overdue invoices. Now you can trust that number again. 🔢
- Fixed an issue where the bulk select function on the Invoices page was not properly obeying the filters. We taught it some respect. It behaves much better now. 😇
- Fixed an issue where editing a workflow action in a project would take you to the first workflow in that project. Now you'll stay on the workflow you're trying to edit.
- Fixed an issue where the date select in the "Refund and Uncollectible Balance" modal would not properly show the time in your time zone. 🌎🌍🌏
- Fixed an issue where you could create a project with an end date before a start date. Let's try not to tear the fabric of space-time, okay? 🌌
- Fixed an issue where payment reminder emails would sometimes show a $0 balance remaining, even if there were a balance. 💰⚖️
- Fixed an issue where users who set their language settings to Arabic (UAE) were seeing issues adding items to invoices. The commas are now accounted for and all should be displaying correctly. 🇦🇪